Ever wished could help those around you with struggles? Learn how to have a better marriage, be a better parent, or resolve conflicts with others.
If this is the case you are invited to attend the Church Counselor Training. This training is designed to help you develop a paradigm on how to help others who find themselves struggling; improve one's communication skills; understand how to help one move closer to having a marriage that God wants for all of us; how to help others develop a biblical foundation for parenting; as well as helping people deal with grief and loss, anger and bitterness, inner personal struggles, and spiritual discouragement. This class is designed to help people fulfill Pastor Kevin Odor’s vision for Canyon Ridge Christian Church - It is the dream of a place where the hurting, the depressed, the frustrated, and the confused can find love, acceptance, help, hope, forgiveness, guidance and encouragement."
It is from this class we select lay leaders to become Church Counselors. While the class is open to the entire church; completing the training does not mean one will become a Church Counselor. We will explain the requirements for the Church Counseling Ministry in the class. Please let me know if you have any further questions about the Church Counseling Ministry and I would be happy to help. Hope to see you on September 11!
Some of the questions we have received regarding the Church Counselor Training:
- Yes, couples are encouraged to attend.
- Yes, a non member can take the class.
- No, you cannot send your spouse hoping we will fix them.
- Yes, the class meets every Tuesday night.
- No, there is no child care for the class.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend the training.
- Yes, even if you are a licensed mental health professional and you hope to become a church counselor you still are expected to complete the training.
Seating is limited, if registration is not available please contact us to be added to the waiting list.
If you have any questions, contact Sandi below.
Location - The Canyons :: C100
Days - Tuesdays
Dates - 09/11/12 - 04/23/13
Time - 6pm - 8:30pm