Canyon Ridge Home
> Our Mission, Vision, Beliefs and Values
Our Mission, Vision, Beliefs and Values
To seek and save the lost. Luke 19:10
You matter to God.
We see a church, a community of people, where everyone can discover that they matter to God. Where all people can come as they are and experience God's grace, love, forgiveness, healing, and hope.
We see a church that will go to the hundreds of thousands of residents in northwest Las Vegas with the Good News of Jesus Christ, transforming each person from the reality of eternal separation from God to the assurance and promise of abundant life with God, both now and for eternity.
We see a community of communities - a place for everyone to belong. Communities of every size meeting specific needs, united in God's unchanging purposes from His Word, and experiencing the reality of living together in God's family.
We see a church that meets the needs of the whole person - with facilities and programs for physical needs (food, shelter, clothing, transportation, medical clinics, wellness programs), emotional needs (support and recovery programs, counseling), educational needs (seminars, classes, college extension), and spiritual needs (classrooms, worship centers, prayer center, houses).
We see a movement of 30,000 people reaching out to others, caring for each other, growing deeper, expressing worship to God, and serving the church, Las Vegas, and the world.
We see a "highway of help" from northwest Las Vegas to points of need locally and globally. Local ministries will be served by the time, talent, and treasures of those identified and equipped. We see the forging of partnerships with existing ministries and networking with others for maximum impact. We see extensions into the under-developed world that are strategically focused, sending people called to serve through short-term or on-going mission trips.
We see a church campus of flexible facilities:
- A main campus with areas designed to efficiently and effectively fulfill God's purposes, twenty-four hours, seven days a week.
- Excellent buildings and spaces creating an atmosphere that will enhance every experience - including multiple classrooms and meeting places, an athletic facility to support a strategic sports program, a food court, playgrounds, and adequate parking.
- Satellite locations - placed in areas that focus God's purposes for strategic impact.
- A camp, conference, retreat center in a beautiful, natural setting.
We see a church that never stops dreaming. Taking bold steps of faith in response to God's leading, believing that He will do
even more than we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
Our Doctrinal Beliefs
- We believe that the Bible is the divinely preserved and inspired word of God.
- We believe that God is eternally and simultaneously both one and three: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was, in the flesh, both God and man . . . that he died for our sins . . . and that he arose from the dead.
- We believe that every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned and fall short of God’s perfection, making union with God by human effort impossible.
- We believe that forgiveness of sin and the promise of eternal life are available to all people who will accept the free gift of God’s grace through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that those trusting in Christ as Lord and Savior should repent of their sins, confess their faith, and be baptized into the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the church is the community of God and the body of Christ on earth and exists to reach those who are far from Christ and to disciple believers.
- We believe in the hope and reality of Jesus Christ’s return.
Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
1. "Come as you are" | Outreach is urgently inviting sinners into God's grace.
2. "Growing stronger everyday" | Discipleship is diligently following Christ.
Matthew 22:36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
3. "Love God" | Worship is passionately expressing love and devotion to God.
4. "Love people" | Service is selflessly giving others what God has given us.
Acts 2:42-47 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
5. "No one stands alone" | Community is authentically sharing life together.