Worship Leader - Providence
Mission - The Providence Worship leader will lead with excellence and humility at the Providence site in an effort to create an engaging worship experience that brings life to everyone who attends. This person will serve on the Canyon Ridge Global Worship Team; bringing ideas, life, creativity, and at least one specialized skill set to the team as the whole.
1. (First 3 months) Build relationships and credibility with current volunteers and staff on both our Providence teams and weekend experience teams. Create a culture where volunteers feel valued outside of rehearsal/serving times.
This includes, but is not limited to, striving to develop and deepen relationships by spending time with people outside of church/rehearsals.
2. (First 3 months) While learning and adapting to the current structure of our weekend teams, begin to identitify ways to strengthen and further develop our processes – with specific attention given to Providence.
3. (First 3 months) Recruit and develop site specific musicians and vocalists. Goal should be at least 1 new volunteer a month.
4. (Immediate Expectation) Create meaningful and engaging worship services that have appropriate flow, transitions, ministry moments and creative elements that bring life to Providence. Maximize the collaboration of the global weekend experience team, and campus pastor.
5. (Immediate Expectation) Produce and oversee well thought out and communicated rehearsals/schedules for Providence band/vocalists.
6. (Immediate Expectation) Create and provide resources for volunteers that will help them prepare effectively for rehearsals and the weekend. Including Charts, Mp3s, rehearsal tracks. Empower their teams to lead with confidence and strength each weekend.
7. (3 months) Oversee & steward campus worship resources by maintaining & purchasing equipment, managing budget, and supplies.
8. (Within first 6 months) Oversee and manage production staff and volunteers, increasing those teams by 40% (lighting, sound, CG and set up).
9. (Immediate Expectation) Provide fresh, creative ideas for global weekend experiences.
10. (Immediate Expectation) Attend and help contribute to Providence leadership team meetings.
• A knowledge of music and a passion for worship is required. An awareness of current worship music is important and a desire to teach/lead songs that reflect the voice of Providence/Canyon Ridge is imperative.
• Can lead effectively/confidently from an instrument. (More than one is desirable.)
• Must love people and have a heart for developing people: Musically, Personally, Spiritually
• Comfortable leading both musician and production teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create/communicate vision.
• First one in, last one out.
• Big picture thinker, but also good with details
• This person should be growing in his/her walk with Christ and sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
• Spiritual health is a must for this role and will not be sacrificed.
• This person should be a forward thinker with a pro-active mindset.
• This person is coachable, willing to be led.
• Must be have a desire to keep learning.
Our candidate will have 3-5 years’ of experience leading worship. Must also be a proactive leader of leaders, with the ability to build teams, make disciples and follow the servant leader model of leadership. We are looking for a creative person, who will bring new life and ideas to our team. Our candidate will be coachable and welcome feedback from other leaders.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com with worship samples.
Contact Us About This Position